Installation & Assembly Technician
Andron Handling designs, builds and installs bespoke equipment for the automotive and aerospace industries in the UK and Europe.
We are currently recruiting for experienced Mechanical Installation & Assembly Technicians.
Working closely with prestigious customers including Honda, Jaguar Land Rover and Rolls Royce, you will be assembling and testing a range of custom designed specialist machinery in our Factory. In addition, you will be installing and carrying out regular servicing on this and similar equipment across much of the UK and parts of Europe.
Candidates should have some experience of mechanical assembly or maintenance. They should have a practical, and logical approach to solving problems, excellent attention to detail, and a flexible approach to work. It would be beneficial to have some pneumatics experience (although not essential as training will be given). You are also required to have a full driving licence, minimum 1 year.
Candidates must be flexible, hardworking and trustworthy to represent the company unsupervised on installation visits.
Hours of work:
Currently 7:30 am to 16:30 pm based on a shift pattern of 10 days on 4 days off.
Overtime rates are paid for hours before 7:30am and after 16:30pm and at weekends.
The successful candidate should be available for some early morning, evening and weekend work.
Holidays are 23 days a year + statutory public holidays.
Contributory pension scheme.
- Mechanical Assembly & Fitting or Installation of mechanical Equipment.
- Ability to read, understand and assemble from engineering drawings
- Time management and organisational skills/able to work unsupervised
- Articulate, good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexible and able to prioritise
- Qualifications in engineering
- Pneumatic, hydraulic or electrical control systems
- Licensed for forklift and MEWP use
Andron are keen to encourage staff to develop their skills and are willing to provide opportunities for career progression and formal study.
Hourly rate: £12.00 – £14.00 per hour depending on experience.