Purchasing and Logistics Coordinator
Andron Handling are a small engineering company based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire that design and manufacture bespoke material handling solutions for many Automotive and Aerospace customers in the UK and abroad.
A great deal of its success relies on flexibility and teamwork from all members of staff.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Purchasing & Logistics Coordinator to join a respected engineering business based in Marlow. Working within the Purchasing Dept you will work closely with the Procurement Manager to deliver an efficient procurement service to internal and external stakeholders.
Job Dimensions and duties:
- Place orders against released Bill of Materials
- Place orders for stock components/ raw material
- Place orders for ad hoc requests including office stationery, workshop equipment etc.
- Monitor the delivery status of all purchase orders including chasing those suppliers that are considered late.
- Organise on and off hiring of plant.
- Deal with invoice queries and credit card reconciliation within purchasing dept.
Good In & Stock Control
- To receive all goods in delivered to the company (as per the Goods In Process)
- Carry out inspection of goods received – checking for damage to, quantity and quality of items received and take appropriate follow-up action if required
- Entering of all goods received onto the computer system, correlating the items received to the Purchase Order and Delivery Note
- To place the individual goods received into their correct location – stock area, project kit boxes, office etc
- To keep control of all stock parts, completing regular stock checks and organising re-ordering as necessary
- Actively participate in stock control meetings and implement agreed improvements
- As directed, be responsible for ‘kitting’ from stock for individual projects as per the BOM
- To organise the Goods In/Out area and maintain it in an orderly and tidy condition at all times
Spares & Logistics
- Arrange the return of items ordered in error or surplus to requirements back to the supplier(s)
- Manage all outgoing deliveries including wrapping, packing and despatching as required
- Manage all spares related enquiries including quoting using Sage 50 Accounts
- Create all recommended spare parts list for each piece of equipment sold and issue to the project engineer for insertion into the equipment’s manual
- Process all customer purchase orders and ensure they are delivered according to their requested delivery dates.
- Be willing to help in other areas within the department during times of increased workload and holiday periods.
- Attend internal meetings where required.
- Assist in answering mainline telephone
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who enjoys or would enjoy supporting the supply chain within a manufacturing or engineering business.
You will be adaptable, flexible and motiviated with a ‘can do attitude’.
Happy working in both office and workshop environments.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and prioritise workload based on importance.
- Great attention to detail with excellent communication and organisational skills.
- GCSE’s 9-6 (A-C) in English and Mathematics.
- Previous experience purchasing in a manufacturing engineering environment is ideal, but not essential.
- Previous experience using SAGE 50 Accounts is ideal, but not essential as training can be give
Hours of work 7:30 – 4:30
23 days annual leave + public holidays
Contributory pension scheme
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,000.00 to £26,000.00 /year
- Driving License (Required)